The Delhi government canceled them. He said that the private schools which have already done their annual assessment can declare their result by following the guidelines laid down by the Directorate of Education regarding promotion policy.
New Delhi. Delhi Deputy Chief Minister and Education Minister Manish Sisodia said on Thursday that students of class IX and 11, whose final examinations could not be completed due to the second wave of Kovid-19, will be passed on the basis of marks obtained in the mid-term examination. Sisodia told a press conference, “Due to the no-detention policy, students of class VIII were passed without any hurdles, but the passing barriers of students of classes IX and XI will be reduced.” Classes IX and 11 were expected to start from April 12, but the Delhi government canceled them keeping in mind the safety of the students. He said that the private schools which have already done their annual assessment can declare their result by following the guidelines laid down by the Directorate of Education regarding promotion policy. He said that if the schools did not conduct any mid-term examination or the students could not take all the mid-term examinations, the result would be declared on the basis of average marks obtained in best two out of five main subjects. Sisodia said that this policy will be applicable to both government and private schools.
He said, the results of class 9 and 11 in all government schools will be declared on June 22. No student will be called to school rather they will get their result online, through phone call or WhatsApp. The minister also said that such students who appeared in the mid-term examination in only one subject or were unable to appear in any subject and did not obtain the minimum qualifying marks would be eligible for re-evaluation. These students will be assessed on the basis of assignments, projects, school-based tests etc. for promotion to the next class, Sisodia said. No additional offline or online assessment will be done for these students. The minister also announced that the admission process for classes 6 to 9 in Delhi government schools will start from June 11. He said, like the admission process conducted last year, admissions in Delhi government schools will be online. Parents or applicants can register their children or themselves online from June 11 to June 30. Sisodia said, on the basis of registration of students, admissions will start from July 5. Students who will not be able to register by the due date will have to register in the second round, which will start from July 23 and will run till August 6.
Disclaimer:Prabhasakshi has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.
note:We are fully participating in India’s fight against corona virus. In this difficult time, while fulfilling our responsibility fully, it is our every effort that only news based on facts should be published. We are also in self-discipline and following all the rules issued by the government is also our first priority.