Link PF With Aadhar: According to the new rules of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), it will now be mandatory for you to link Aadhaar with your Universal Account Number (UAN) of your EPF. In the absence of Aadhar link, there may be trouble in getting the PF shares received by the company. As a result, employees will see only their own share in their PF account.
EPFO has taken this big decision by making changes in section 142 of Social Security Code 2020 in its new rules. Under this code, electronic challan cum return i.e. ECR will not be filled for the account holders whose account will not be linked with Aadhaar.
The rule has come into effect from June 1
EPFO has implemented this new rule from June 1 and notification has also been issued for the employers in this regard. The responsibility of this work will be of the employer ie the employer to ask their employees to get their PF verified with Aadhaar. The employer has been told that after June 1, if any account is not linked with Aadhaar or UAN has not been verified with Aadhaar, then in such a situation, electronic challan and return (ECR) will not be filled. Employer’s contribution in PF account can also be stopped.
How to link EPF account with Aadhaar
PF account holders can link their account with Aadhaar by visiting the official website of EPFO. this is the way
- Visit the EPFO website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Login to your account using UAN and Password.
- In the “Manage” section, click on the KYC option.
- The page that opens where you can see several documents to be linked with your EPF account.
- Select the Aadhar option and click on Service by typing your Aadhar number and your name on the Aadhar card.
- The information provided by you will be secure, your Aadhaar will be verified with the data of UIDAI.
- Once your KYC documents are correct, your Aadhaar will be linked with your EPF account and you will get “Verify” written in front of your Aadhaar details.