New Delhi: The rise in petrol and diesel prices in the country is unchanged. Every year petrol and diesel are getting more expensive than before. But over the past seven years, prices have skyrocketed. Meanwhile, petrol and diesel prices have gone up by Rs 30-35 per liter.
In the year 2014-185, petrol was Rs 66 per liter and diesel Rs 50 per liter. Today, in 2021, petrol has reached Rs 95 and diesel Rs 86 per liter. At present, petrol has crossed Rs 100 in some districts of India.
Past 7 How much does the price increase in a year?
- 2014-15- Petrol Rs 09 per liter, diesel Rs 50.32 per liter
- 2015-16- Petrol Rs 41 per liter, diesel Rs 46.87 per liter
- 2016-17- Petrol Rs 70 per liter, diesel Rs 53.28 per liter
- 2017-18- Petrol Rs 19 per liter, diesel Rs 59.08 per liter
- 2018-19- Petrol Rs 09 per liter, diesel Rs 69.18 per liter
- 2019-20- Petrol Rs 05 per liter, diesel Rs 60.02 per liter
- 2020-21- Petrol Rs 32 per liter, diesel Rs 66.12 per liter
Petrol-diesel prices today
Today, on June 11, petrol price has been hiked by 29 paise per liter and diesel by 28 paise per liter. In Delhi, a liter of petrol now costs Rs 95.85 and a liter of diesel Rs 86.75. In Mumbai, petrol is currently priced at Rs 101.04 and diesel at Rs 94.15 per liter.
Every day 6 Hourly prices change
The price of petrol and diesel changes every morning at six o’clock. That is, the new rates apply from six o’clock in the morning. After adding excise duty, dealer commission and other taxes, the price of petrol and diesel almost doubles.
The price of petrol diesel is updated daily at 6 am. You can also know the daily rate of petrol and diesel through SMS. Indian Oil customers can know the price by sending RSP to 9224992249 and BPCL customers can send RSP to 9223112222. While HPCL customers can know the price by typing HPPrice and sending it to 9222201122.