CB said in a statement on Thursday, the withdrawal of players like David and Marcus from the tournament is certainly disappointing but there are some practical aspects associated with Kovid which are difficult for foreign players to deal with.
Melbourne. Australia’s star opener David Warner and all-rounder Marcus Stoinis covid-19 pandemic England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) withdrew from The Hundred tournament due to challenges related to Warner and Stoinis have returned home after the suspension of the Indian Premier League last month. He has been selected in Australia’s probable squad for the tour of West Indies and Bangladesh.
Also read: Selector Sarandeep said – If India goes with four fast bowlers, I will keep Shardul in the team
The Australian team will tour in July-August when The Hundred is to be held. The ECB said in a statement on Thursday, the withdrawal of players like David and Marcus from the tournament is certainly disappointing, but there are some practical aspects related to Kovid which are difficult for foreign players to deal with. Warner and Stoinis were bought by the Southern Brave team for The Hundred for £100,000 and £80,000 respectively. New Zealand’s Sophie Devine has also pulled out of the tournament while Shaheen Afridi is set to pull out as she has been selected in Pakistan’s T20 and Test squads for the Caribbean tour. West Indies’ Andre Russell will also find it difficult to play early in the tournament as he will be busy with the home T20 series against Australia and Pakistan. Shadab Khan, who was selected in the Pakistani T20 team, is also set to withdraw.
Disclaimer:Prabhasakshi has not edited this news. This news has been published from PTI-language feed.